Important Information Regarding COVID-19
UPDATE: MAY 20, 2020
REOPENING OFFICE ANNOUNCEMENT MAY 26, 2020 IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our communities have been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our office’s commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority in our practice. We follow recommendations and guidelines made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). This allows us to make sure that our infection control procedures are up-to-date and enables us to provide the safest environment for our patients and their family members.
We ask that you please be patient and understand that we will do our best to accommodate your scheduling needs as we know many of you are anxious to get back into our office.
During this time, we have implemented additional safety precautions to help protect our patients and staff.
- Upon scheduling an appointment, a COVID-19 questionnaire will be emailed to you. This questionnaire must be completed before you arrive at the office. We will postpone treatment for any patient who has experienced or been in contact with someone who has experienced the following symptoms within 14 days of the scheduled appointment date: fever, cough, loss of taste and/or smell, flu-like symptoms, difficulty breathing or shortness of breath, and fatigue.
- If you are over the age of 65 or have preexisting health conditions (as recommended by CDC) such as diabetes, chronic lung disease or asthma, serious heart conditions, are immunocompromised, or chronic kidney or liver disease, we recommend you do not visit the office at this time. If you fall into this category but need to accompany a child or family member for a visit, please call our office as we will handle this request on a case-by-case basis.
- We will be scheduling appointments in a manner that promotes social distancing and allows for adequate time for us to disinfect all areas of use in between patient appointments. Upon arrival at our office, call us before entering the office to let us know you have arrived. We will call or text you once the office is ready for you to enter.
- We ask that patients enter the office unaccompanied, if possible. For those patients who need a guardian to accompany them, we ask that this be limited to a single family member. Every person entering the office is expected to wear a face covering and will be asked to sanitize their hands immediately upon entry. Please take your temperature the morning of your appointment.
- Our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, charging stations, children’s toys, and so forth, since these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Our doctor and staff will be wearing all of the recommended personal protective equipment (PPE).
Thank you for being part of our family dental practice. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors, and friends.
UPDATE: MARCH 27, 2020 –
In accordance with the latest CDC guidance, the NJ Board is urging dentists to cancel or postpone elective and routine procedures until at least April 20. We will continue to provide emergency services to those in need. Please call 732-747-7730 and leave a message. We will be checking daily.
Dr. G and Staff
UPDATE: MARCH 17, 2020 –
In compliance with the New Jersey Dental Association and to ensure that we keep our patients and staff safe from the COVID-19 virus, we will be suspending nonessential and non-urgent dental care through March 30, 2020.
All scheduled patients will be contacted to reschedule appointments. If you experience a dental emergency during this time, please call our office at 732-747-7730, and follow the instructions on the message.
Please stay safe and healthy and we will be excited to see you when we re-open.
Thank you for your understanding,
Dr. Gelfand and the CFD staff
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: